As a teacher or homeschooler, you know how important word problems are to increasing student knowledge. They combine money math with reading comprehension, providing an ideal way for students to practice their money skills. Let’s dive right into the best money word problems worksheets!
Money Word Problems For Elementary Students
These worksheets are ideal for introducing and reviewing money concepts with your little learners through word problems.
- Addition and Subtraction Money Word Problems: This worksheet sets up straightforward money math problems, requiring students to perform addition and subtraction to solve. (2nd-5th Grade)
- Multiplication and Division Money Word Problems: In this worksheet, students multiply and divide money-related problems. They learn how to approach realistic situations where they may spend money. (3rd-5th Grade)
- Mixed Operation Money Word Problems: This worksheet has students deciding which operations to use, planning solutions, and solving money problems. (2nd-5th Grade)
- Addition and Subtraction With Extra Facts: Word problems often introduce unnecessary details to throw off students, and that is precisely what this worksheet does. (3rd-5th Grade)
- Multiplication and Division With Extra Facts: This worksheet has kids sift through a money-based scenario, deciding which numbers they need to multiply or divide – and which ones to avoid. (3rd-5thGrade)
- Money Word Problems: This worksheet has multiple operations in play, making students decide what to do with the numbers and figures while learning about real-life money situations. (4th Grade)
- Making Change at the Toy Store: In this worksheet, students must determine how much change customers would receive at the toy shop. They use both addition and subtraction. (2nd Grade)
- Money Math Word Problems: This worksheet puts kids’ decimal and multi-digit number knowledge to the test. They have to solve six problems about money management. (2nd Grade)
- Money Word Problem: This worksheet lets students see different money scenarios and solve them using various operations, giving them realistic practice. (3rd-5th Grade)
- U.S. Money Word Problems Adding Two Items: Students complete addition using money situations in this worksheet. Teachers can customize and choose to add extra information to challenge students. (1st-4th Grade)
- Math Money Word Problems: This worksheet contains several word problems revolving around money and calculating cash scenarios. (3rd Grade)
- Money Math Word Problems: This worksheet has kids solving one and two-step equations, using their comprehension skills and money math abilities to find the answers. (2nd-3rd Grade)
- Picnic Prices: This worksheet is fun for little ones, requiring them to buy food from ants at a picnic. They learn to decipher word problems and choose operations to solve. (2nd-3rd Grade)
- Money: Total Value & Word Problems: In these worksheets, students review coin and bill value and then apply that knowledge to solve word problems. (K-3rd Grade)
- Money Word Problems-Basic: This worksheet gives kids confidence in solving money math word problems, using addition and comparing values. (1st-2nd Grade)
Money Word Problems for Upper Elementary and Middle School Students
These word problem worksheets will challenge your students, showing them how all those advanced concepts they learn can apply to real life – and money.
- Area and Perimeter Worksheet Including Problem Solving and Money: This worksheet combines math with money, and kids need to solve practical geometry problems with money calculations. (3rd-6th Grade)
- Math Word Problem: Money: This straightforward worksheet provides a lengthy word problem for your students to solve step by step. (4th-6th Grade)
- Final Price, Change, and Cost: These worksheets require students to solve money word problems using division and multiplication of decimals and other more advanced operations. (5th-8th Grade)
- Money Word Problems: This set of worksheets provides kids a place to add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals in real-life money situations. (4th-6th Grade)
- Algebra Word Problems With Money: If you include algebra in your instruction, you will appreciate this worksheet. It combines algebraic reasoning with money word problems to show students how it affects real life. (6th-9th Grade)
- Budgeting and Money Management: This worksheet presents word problems about crucial financial topics, including budgeting and money management. (6th-8th Grade)
Want more resources? Head to our money math for teachers center!